Monday, July 11, 2011

day one: ugh.

I started the TAM today, including the diet plan. I hate the word "epic", but I have to use it when I describe today as an epic failure.

Here's why:

1. I had an appointment this morning. I woke up late. So, the day started off on a bad note, anyway. I was rushing around and couldn't really enjoy my breakfast and most importantly, the coffee didn't get made. I thought I'd be okay...

2. Got home from said appointment and put the baby down for a nap and started my workouts. Baby picked today of all days to not fall asleep instantly. Of course. So, I had to stop the workouts and tend to her. This went on for about 30 minutes.

3. Did I mention that the berry applesauce I had for breakfast, which I thought was going to be delicious, was actually quite opposite?

4. During the cardio part of the workout, I got a terrible headache. Like, can't see straight kind of headache. I took my ponytail down and that helped a little, but as the workout went on, the headache got worse and worse. I had to stop (again) for some water. After that, it was just brutal. I wanted to quit so bad, but I pressed on and finished. I have been nursing said headache since then. I'm pretty sure it was a dehydration/no-caffeine headache. HORRIBLE.

5. I felt so heavy and slow during the workouts. You know that feeling? When you feet just can't move your body off the ground and everything feels labored? That was today. It was miserable.

6. I stuck to the pureed food diet until...1pm when I caved and ate a bowl of grapes and a bowl of carrots. This puree stuff was disgusting. I tried so, so hard to like this food. And perhaps I'll try it again tomorrow. But...OMG. It was gross. The applesauce was edible, FORGET the Corn and Sweet Potatoes baby food. I literally gagged three times before tossing it. The gazpacho just tasted like cucumbers in salsa (I didn't finish it), and the carrot/parsnip puree was...like eating baby food...totall gag-worthy. I still have yet to eat the veggie soup and chocolate pudding. I will "indulge" in those while I watch The Bachelorette. Oh, and after my day today, I didn't' even TRY to Power Juice. I'm not sure my gag reflex could handle it.

So, that was my first day on the TAM. Not a good one, that's for sure. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. It has to be!

I wrote down my stats (weight, measurements, etc.), but I don't really feel like sharing them just yet. They're sort of embarrassing. :/

Ok, I'm off to eat vegetable soup and chocolate pudding (that has prunes in it). Yum!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, what a day! Again, I admire you for even trying. If you can't handle the diet {which I TOTALLY couldn't!}, maybe you can do Zone food while doing TA workouts? Just saying, because I know you are a Zone fan. It will get better!

    ReplyDelete