Tuesday, July 19, 2011

day 7: the day that wasn't.

Oops.

I didn't work out today. This is the first day I've missed as per TAM schedule. I feel like a lazy slob. At least I stuck to my calorie allowance. I've been using MyFitnessPal for the last two days and I've been able to stick to it. I'm a budget-kind-of-gal and I like keeping my numbers in the black (green). It makes me feel good about myself at the end of the day.

Back to this not working out thing...

Today was the second-to-last Mother's Day Out for my daughter. Her last day will be Thursday. No part of me wanted to drop her off and then come back HOME to workout. No! I wanted to get dressed for the first time in a week and actually go out and DO SOMETHING. I needed some "me" time that did not involve sweat and pain. So, I went shopping. During my shopping spree, I got really hungry. REALLY HUNGRY. I Googled and MyFitnessPal'd several fast food options. I really wanted Chick Fil A. But once I saw the calorie counts for some of my favorite foods, I reasoned that it would be best (difficult, but best), to just drive the 30 minutes home and eat something healthy out of my own fridge. So, I fought the little devil on my shoulder and did so. I went home and ate some cheese and organic chili. I kept the lunch around 300 calories. And I felt fulfilled. So...yay me!

I may have not worked out, but I did eat according to plan. That means something, right?!

I HAVE to get my butt in gear tomorrow. I don't really have an excuse. Must do it. Must.

Oh, in case you're wondering, since I skipped Day 7, I don't get to cross off Day 8 tomorrow. Nope, I'm back to Day 7. So, I still have to do 4 more days on Level 1 before I move to 2. Uggggggggggh!

No comments:

Post a Comment